Vallejo Liquid Mask

On flyers with windows I like to paint the inside of the cockpit and leave the canopy clear so you can see the pilot, but when airbrushing the model to not get any paint on the window I need to hand paint the cockpit cover.

Until now.

I recently became aware of a Vallejo product called liquid mask, which you paint on to the parts you don't want paint on, and it just peels off at a later date.

So I tried this on the cockpit for my thunderbolt, applying the liquid mask to the clear sections, and then apprehensively airbrushing it black.


After leaving it to dry I then just peeled off the hardened mask with a toothpick, and it came off cleanly, leaving the ice clear canopy.



I applied the liquid mask probably thicker than required, and as such there was still some painting required along the edges, but that was quickly done.

Now a lot of people probably already know and use this product, but for those that don't I highly recommend it. I imagine it's also useful for camouflage patterns, hazard stripes, and many other uses too.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elysian Drop Troops online resources

Elysian Tactics - Tauros Assault vehicle and Tauros Venator

Tauros Assault Vehicle