Elysian Mortar Teams

Elysian Mortar Teams


Mortars are great in 8th edition for the amount of firepower they put out compared to their points cost, and the Elysian ones are no exception so I want quite a few of these, and as they come in packs of 3 that is not hard to achieve. In fact at this moment since the chapter approved changes an Elyian 3 man mortar squad is cheaper than the Astra Militarum equivalent, but I don't expect it to remain this way for long with the rapid pace of GW updates.

The mortar squad can be assembled in a carrying position, or a firing position. The kit has parts for 1 of the carrying pose, and 2 of the firing pose.

I assembled a squad in the carrying pose first, and I am not happy with this pose. Assembly took a significant amount of time, and due to only 2 points of contact with the base for the entire squad and mortar it isn't very stable. Also the hands had to be fit and glued into the mortar handles, and the whole thing didn't come out as neat as I would have liked.




So from there I decided to assemble the rest in the firing position which was a lot easier, although I had to use some leg and arm bits from other kits.




I liked this pose a lot better, and put the spare ammo canister on the base for aesthetics.

Note I haven't finished these yet, I will go back later and attach pouches and other equipment to the models, as well as grav shutes. I'll probably equip the whole army with grav shutes as I feel that further distinguishes the models from the more common guard models. Except the missile launcher guys as the model firing the missile launcher will not fit a grav shute.

Anyway in other news I got back my commission painted and assembled Sky Talon yesterday so that will be my next post.

Let me know if you enjoy reading any of these posts in the comments, or if you have a request for any particular Elysian related topic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Elysian Drop Troops online resources

Elysian Tactics - Tauros Assault vehicle and Tauros Venator

Tauros Assault Vehicle