Drop Troopers - Plasma Guns

Drop Troopers - Plasma Guns


With plasma guns being so good in the current edition, and with every Elysian having the ability to deepstrike into rapid fire plasma range I plan to have a significant amount of plasma gunners.

The Elysian plasma guns are smaller and a different design to other plasma guns, so you can't really mix and match. This is a bit limiting as you only get 1 plasma gun in the Elysian Command HQ set, as well as 2 in the Elysian weapons pack. This makes accumulating large numbers of plasma guns expensive, although I am in the process of finding a way to buy them individually.

The first few I assembled I did as per the instructions with the gunner carrying the plasma gun. However this takes quite a while to do with cutting out sections of the gun to fit the hands, and I am not really keen on the pose.





So for the next ones put together I have moved to modifying a set of lasgun arms to fit the plasma gun. The issue with these is getting the left supporting arm looking alright where he holds the plasma gun. Some I am not completely happy with, but I will use anyway.




I am a lot happier with the latest 2 I have done, where I use the hand from the lasgun, and cut out a section of the plasma gun to fit.


I'm pretty happy with these, and when I get some more plasma guns I will do the rest this way.

In other news I have finished assembling all 8 of the Tauros Venators. Here they are all lined up.


I have just started assembling a Missile launcher squad, so will cover that next post.


Comments

  1. Thansk for the pictures. I will also need to put a lot of Plasmas in the list. the Pictures will help.

    As for the supporting Arm maybe the famed "heat and bent" of resin will find its first use to get the arms into the correct position.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can get some more pictures if you like. I am up to about 20 plasmas now, and an order has just come in with about 10 more guns, so I will get them together soon too. Just sourcing the plasma guns is a pain. I now have so many of the rest of the weapons from the weapons pack.

    All the more recent ones I have assembeled have been in the holding design using lasgun arms. It does mean cutting away a bit of the bottom of tha plasma gun but I am fine with that. The 'heat and bend' is not really needed as the arm reaches the gun. When examined closely the point where the arm attached to the gun is not the neatest, but is not noticable if you aren't looking for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where are you sourcing the plasma guns from?

    Where did you get some many Venators from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them from alternate suppliers. Search for yoyhammer to find out more. But I still had to buy quite a few of the weapon packs.

      And I bought the Venators and Assault ones from smilar places.

      If you want to chat some more, check out a Discord channel I have recently joined for discussion on Elysian modelling and tactics. https://discord.gg/6265SuH

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Elysian Drop Troops online resources

Elysian Tactics - Tauros Assault vehicle and Tauros Venator

Tauros Assault Vehicle